Mark your calendars for Thursday, October 1st! We will be hosting our 3rd Annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes ® which is sponsored by Farmers National Bank, Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt and Rotary Club of Alliance. Did you know that 1 in 4 women will be a victim of domestic violence in her lifetime? That every TWO minutes someone is sexually assaulted? Domestic and sexual violence does not just affect women. It affects the men who care about them, their families, their friends, their coworkers, and their communities. Get your heels on!
- What: It’s a Walk a Mile in Her Shoes Event – a one mile walk where we want everyone – men, women, children to walk a mile to support survivors in our community.
- We are asking MEN to walk in women’s shoes! (Bring your own if you can – we will have some shoes on hand the day of the event in varying sizes.)
- When: Thursday, October 1, 2015. Registration is from 5 – 6. The walk will begin at 6.
- Where: University of Mount Union – the parking lot on the corner of State and Rockhill. (Near the UMU Football Field, across from Enterprise, Doug’s, etc.)
- Who: You! This event is open to everyone! Walk as an individual or as part of a team, raising funds to support your walk.
- How to register: http://tinyurl.com/okvogs2